Just Food is hiring!
Operations Coordinator- Just Food
Oversees and ensures that the warehouse, food pantry, and volunteers are adequately trained and prepared and distribution to clients and partners are operating at their full capacity. This includes volunteer training, warehouse management, and weekly and monthly reporting. Position also requires some administrative responsibilities, including answering general emails and phone calls, ordering food and generating reports.
- Ensuring that the pantry opens and closes in a timely manner
- Assisting pantry and warehouse volunteers with all needs and questions.
- Managing the inventory database, which includes training volunteers to accurately utilize the database.
- Reviewing systems and procedures for efficiency.
- Performing a regular inventory of Just Food.
- Ordering and scheduling deliveries of food to Just Food and their satellite pantries and communicating weekly with senior staff regarding operation of the program.
- Ensuring the warehouse and equipment remains compliant with relevant codes, regulations and statutes.
- Maintaining safe and healthy work environment for volunteers by establishing, following, and enforcing KDHE safe food handling standards and procedures.
- Rotating food in freezer and cooler to ensure zero waste.
- Overseeing custodial needs of facility.
- Ensuring food gets sorted and allocated to its appropriate place.
- Assisting with a variety of administrative responsibilities, including filing, office organization and answering phone calls.
- Providing excellent customer service to donors and partner organizations.
- Assisting senior staff by tracking food drives and ensuring food drive barrels are delivered and picked up in a timely fashion.
- Performing routine facility and vehicle maintenance.
- Returning all phone messages within one business day.
- Answering all emails within one business day.
- Communicating effectively with and providing excellent customer service to clients, donors, volunteers, vendors, and other members of the public.
- Assisting with data entry and other administrative tasks
- Other duties as assigned
Educational & Training Requirements:
Forklift experience preferred. Safe food handling certification preferred but can be attained within one month of employment. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Must have valid drivers license. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to predict and manage change through the use of innovative methods, apply effective leadership management to every day challenges.
Salary: $31,200 annually/ $15 an hour
Benefits: Full healthcare benefits available after one month of employment.
Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Elizabeth Keever at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preferred start date no later than May 1st